This week: Why you can’t afford not to travel, manners mistakes that may improve your social connections, why younger people won’t have to work until they’re 70, decluttering kids’ closets and traps that threaten your financial peace.
Credit & Debt
Some 26 million Americans lack a credit file, which has an impact that goes beyond difficulty accessing loans. Here’s the problem.
Don’t pay for protection — in the name of insurance, monitoring and warranties — without stopping to think. Many of these products prey on our fear and offer little value.
Just how companies decide how much credit to issue is complex, but here are the factors you can control, and why it matters
New research looks at the way different types of debt affect people’s outlook.
Fraudsters have some savvy techniques to try and get you to turn over the three- or four-digit security pin code on the back of your credit card.
More than half of Americans have subprime credit scores. But these states are the best apples in a very bad bunch.
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know
- Tax-Free Weekends Help Take Sting Out of Back-to-School Costs
- Discover Slapped for Cheating 100,000+ Student Borrowers