Here are a few tidbits of debt-management advice for college graduates who have recently entered the real world.
Credit & Debt
A new report reveals that a good indicator of whether you’ll pay off your student loans is which college you attend. The list of top schools is not as obvious as you’d think.
Here’s the skinny on how to get any kind of negative items removed from your credit report.
“Home values always rise” and other misconceptions that can lead you to make expensive mistakes in purchasing real estate.
This week: Why you can’t afford not to travel, manners mistakes that may improve your social connections, why younger people won’t have to work until they’re 70, decluttering kids’ closets and traps that threaten your financial peace.
Some 26 million Americans lack a credit file, which has an impact that goes beyond difficulty accessing loans. Here’s the problem.
Don’t pay for protection — in the name of insurance, monitoring and warranties — without stopping to think. Many of these products prey on our fear and offer little value.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?