Just how companies decide how much credit to issue is complex, but here are the factors you can control, and why it matters
Credit & Debt
New research looks at the way different types of debt affect people’s outlook.
Fraudsters have some savvy techniques to try and get you to turn over the three- or four-digit security pin code on the back of your credit card.
More than half of Americans have subprime credit scores. But these states are the best apples in a very bad bunch.
Times have changed since the 30-year mortgage formed the crux of the American Dream. Here’s some 2015 perspective on “buying in” to the housing market.
This week: A look at frugality vs. stealing, why you should wear the same outfit every day, old — but valuable — stuff you should sell, how to cool off without AC and fun facts about money.
You can now see the information that merchants, lenders, insurers, employers and landlords can see when checking you out, and without charge. Here’s how.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?