Is there a way to pay off a 30-year mortgage in seven years by using sophisticated techniques involving a home equity line of credit? No, but the people behind these programs are hoping you’ll believe it.
Credit & Debt
Thinking about renting to own? Well, think again. Here’s why.
Looking to give your credit score a boost? Here are six regular expenses that won’t help you accomplish your objective even though you think they might.
You might have to punch in the three-digit code on the back of your card when making a purchase over a certain amount.
Americans have apparently been paying attention to all of the news about data breaches at major stores.
Your credit score is more like a roller coaster than a flat desert highway. But why does it fluctuate when nothing in your financial life is changing?
When a loved one dies, you’ll have a lot on your mind. Fortunately, paying off their debt is one thing most people won’t have to worry about.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- 18 Christmas Gifts for the Travel Lover on Your List
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Dec. 20
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The Most Irritating Airline Passengers Have Been Identified
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way