Saving money doesn’t have to be a chore. Here are five easy ways to put more cash in the bank. (If they seem gimmicky, it’s because they are!)
Credit & Debt
Do not despair. Even smart people make some of these money-losing moves.
You can dump a bad spouse, or a bad house. But try getting out from under the mortgage.
Everyone falls down. It’s the getting up that matters. A financial crisis is seriously tough, but it can be the beginning of something new. Here’s how to dig yourself out.
There are better ways and worse ways to handle this sticky situation. Failing to file is the latter. The penalty for that is 10 times worse than it is for paying late.
You wouldn’t think of overpaying $50,000 when buying a new house, but you could pay that much extra if you’re not careful shopping for a mortgage.
Weird, and expensive, justifications that don’t really hold up under the light of financial logic.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?