Wage garnishment in 2013 was up 45 percent from a decade ago for student loan borrowers who have defaulted on their loans.
Credit & Debt
Databases intended to weed out fraudsters have been used to restrict consumers’ access to the banking system, but that may change.
A reader wants to know whether it’s possible to get out from under student loans by having them forgiven. Here’s the must-know if you have student loans.
Class of 2014, the time has come to find a job and start paying down your student loans. These three tactics, however, will not get you off the hook.
Here are some simple ways to shorten the length of time it takes to pay off the car. You’ll end up paying less interest on the loan.
Most people don’t expect much in the way of data protection when they go online, a survey shows.
A new report found that grad schools are assuming a disproportionate share of student loan debt, leaving one to wonder if the payoff is worth the cost.
- Get a Designer Kitchen for Pennies on the Dollar
- The Top 5 Job Interview Deal-Breakers
- 7 Fitness Apps That Save You Time and Money
- Are Hospitals Ditching Lower-Income Patients for Richer Ones?
- Move Over, Fake IRS Agents: There’s a New Scammer in Town
- 12 Ways to Avoid Obnoxious (and Growing) Hotel Fees
- 85 Uses for Baking Soda — and How it Could Save Your Life
- 40 Universities Control Two-Thirds of Higher-Ed Money
- The 10 Best-Paying Employers in the Country
- Verizon to Let You Choose and Change Channels Monthly
- How Good is Your Hospital? Find Out
- 9 Great Apps for Sports Fans
- 7 Things Worth Paying More For
- Air Travel Isn’t Fun, and It’s Getting Worse
- Who Needs Groceries When You Can Eat Out?
- 13 Steps to Finding an Honest Auto Mechanic
- Your Phone Can Be a Real Pain in the Butt
- 13 Fitness Hacks That Can Simplify Your Workouts
- 7 Tips for Buying a Boat Without Sinking Your Finances
- The Cost of Attending Weddings (Not Your Own) Soars