Recent incidents expose vulnerabilities of chip-and-PIN credit card technology. You have to wonder: Can any system keep us safe from fraud?
Credit & Debt
Twenty-seven percent told Gallup that they or someone in their home has had credit card information stolen in a hack attack on a store in the last year.
So you think you know what these 14 commonly used money terms mean? Some definitions may surprise you.
Is your doctor on the list of 846 doctors and dentists who have defaulted on a total of more than $100 million in student loans through the now defunct HEAL program?
If you dispute inaccurate information on your credit reports, how long should it take for the corrected information to appear?
If you pay some bills on time, it won’t help your credit. But if you’re late, it could hurt. Is it fair?
He lives in a city where the average family brings in $44,000, and he’s making $60,000. So why is he barely scraping by?
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?