Some banks seem to be trying their darnedest to get you to overdraft your account. Here are five sneaky tactics they use, plus five ways to protect yourself.
Credit & Debt
It’s a common question: What happens to your credit when you cancel a credit card? Also, if you’re going to cancel a credit card, here’s how to do it right.
Discover offers yet another version of its popular Discover it card.
The recent massive data breach at Target has many questioning why U.S. credit cards haven’t switched to the more secure chip and PIN technology found elsewhere in the world.
If you’re among the millions of Americans who received Target’s free credit monitoring offer email recently, you might be wondering what to do next. First, beware of fake emails.
Big banks are doing away with ‘deposit advance loans,’ which many have compared to payday loans.
Here are nine steps to guide you to finding a better bank than the one that’s driving you nuts with high fees and lousy customer service.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way