If you’re having trouble paying off credit card debt, you’re not alone. There are plenty of companies out there promising to help, but can they be trusted?
Credit & Debt
It’s absurdly common to be rejected for credit because–at least on the paperwork, somewhere–you’re dead. If you are alive, here’s how to prove it and move on.
How this California company steered consumers to billions worth of costlier loans, and now must pony up $19 million for alleged ‘deceptive practices.’
Some credit cards offer to cover damage to a rental car so you won’t need the expensive collision damage waiver coverage pushed by the rental companies. But will this free credit card benefit really offer the protection it promises?
It’s easy to become complacent about housing costs, but you should be prepared for these common changes and re-evaluate your budget on a regular basis.
Are you among the 32 percent of Americans who wish they had just said no to student loans? Instead of wallowing in regret, follow some of these debt management tips.
Nearly half of households would struggle to come up with $400 for an emergency. And one factor especially contributes to Americans’ inability to save.
- How to Pick the Best Credit Union for You
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Fannie, Freddie CEOs Get $3.4 Million Raises
- Full-Service Restaurants Can Be Worse for Health Than Fast Food
- Are Airlines Conspiring to Keep Plane Tickets Costly?
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- 5 Changes That Could Slash Heart Disease Deaths by Half
- This U.S. City Has the Priciest Hotel Rates in the World
- And the No. 1 Country for Female Entrepreneurs Is …
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions