Sharon Cece borrowed $10,000 in student loans in 2004 to finish her bachelor’s degree. Seven years later, she discovered she owed $11,060.
Credit & Debt
Drowning in student loan debt? Here’s where to find (totally free) help.
At-risk homeowners who modified their mortgages through HAMP to help them stave off foreclosure have a new problem: looming interest rate increases.
Free credit scores are available like never before. But are they making things clearer or causing confusion?
Most people know they shouldn’t bounce checks. Besides causing embarrassment, if you don’t deal with a bounced check, it can cause you a lot of problems.
New mortgage rules this year inadvertently created a big problem for those who inherit a home and a mortgage. Now that’s been fixed.
Credit cards numbers are like vehicle identification numbers or VINs, in that each digit has importance.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?
- Ask Stacy: The Market Looks Scary – Should I Sell My Stocks Now?
- Clean Energy Tax Credits Mostly Benefit the Wealthy, Report Says
- These 5 Industries Offer the Best 401(k) Plans