This week: unexpected uses for laundry detergent, debt lessons from dictators, how to learn a language for free, how to avoid scholarship scams and nine important ages for retirement planning.
Credit & Debt
Federal regulators also hit the financial giant with $136 million in penalties for its illegal debt collection practices.
Are debt collector calls causing you to lose sleep? Here are four steps to stop the harassment and get on with life.
If money issues are threatening your “happily ever after,” then here are ways to tackle the problem.
A New Jersey lawmaker proposes a “market-based solution for rising college expenses and burdensome student loans.” Some education advocates say don’t bet on it.
Some of life’s most important moments place you at the greatest risk for identity theft. Find out more.
Besides the obvious need to compare rates and fees, here are some other factors you should check out to get maximum service, security and convenience.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?
- Ask Stacy: The Market Looks Scary – Should I Sell My Stocks Now?
- Clean Energy Tax Credits Mostly Benefit the Wealthy, Report Says
- These 5 Industries Offer the Best 401(k) Plans
- How to Shine in a Video Interview