A house may be the most important purchase of your life. Don’t blow it by making one of these dumb mistakes.
“I fought the law and the law won” doesn’t always apply. Sometimes you can fight City Hall and win. I’ve done it twice.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo loan officers illegally engaged in kickback scheme with a title company.
The CFPB says nearly half of U.S. homebuyers don’t shop around to find the best mortgage loan and seriously consider only one lender. To address the problem, it’s unveiled a new website.
Lower rates are coming to private mortgage insurance for first-time homebuyers.
Will these key components of the economy keep improving in 2015? We compare predictions from amateurs and experts.
It’s time to look back on the financial predictions made at the start of 2014 and see who knew what they were talking about.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?