So you think you know what these 14 commonly used money terms mean? Some definitions may surprise you.
Although education debt can be an obstacle to homeownership, it may not be as bad as it seems.
We all make financial missteps, but mistakes made when buying a home can really be magnified. Here are four mortgage mistakes you can’t afford to make.
It’s pop quiz time, and today we’re testing your knowledge of the homebuying process. Do you know enough to not get soaked on what could be the biggest purchase of your life?
Here’s another startling statistic: Some 80 million Americans live in counties where median income can’t support a monthly mortgage payment on a median-priced home.
Apartments.com reveals that some renters drop more than half of their monthly income on rent in these costly areas.
It might not be as hard as you think to qualify for a mortgage. Lending is still tight, but it’s easing. For some potential homeowners, the problem may be in their own heads.
- Mortgage Servicer Slapped for Fake ‘Equity Accelerator’ Program
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know
- Tax-Free Weekends Help Take Sting Out of Back-to-School Costs