Bankrate.com ranks the best states to retire in for 2014, and Florida and Arizona don’t rank in the top 10.
Many baby boomers put off their retirement plans because of the ravages of the Great Recession. Now they’re feeling more confident about quitting work.
When it comes time to retire, will you be rich or poor? See if you’re making one of these seven mistakes that could have you eating ramen noodles in your golden years.
The median income for elderly women is $11,600 less per year than it is for senior men.
A reader wants to know whether she should pay for long-term-care insurance. That’s a coincidence. I’ve been wondering the same thing myself.
You can head off some of the worst financial blunders in retirement by following these action steps.
First among them: You’ll likely be damaging your retirement prospects. Leave the money alone if you can.
- Pop Quiz: Does Your Debt Disappear After the Statute of Limitations Runs Out?
- 5 Tricks Department Stores Use to Get You to Spend More
- 8 Simple, No-Cost Moves That Will Absolutely, Positively Make You Richer
- Speed Up Your Savings Goals by Defragging Your Budget
- How They Make Fast Food Look So Good
- 6 Steps That Will Stop You From Blowing Your Holiday Budget This Year
- 10 Mistakes That Can Double Your Tech Spending
- Can Ride-Sharing Provide an ‘Uber-Lyft’ to Your Income?
- 7 Secret Tactics Warehouse Stores Don’t Want You To Know
- When You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em: Buy the Companies You Hate
- How to Get a Patent for Your Big Idea in 7 Steps
- Cheap Car Fixes That Will Easily Pay For Themselves
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in November
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 14 Creative Ways to Date When Money’s Tight
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills