Two incidents recently involving gift cards and mobile payments show why it’s so important that consumers keep a careful eye on their money — in all its forms.
Don’t get taken for a ride when you rent a vacation home this year. Use these tips to steer clear of scam artists.
Large numbers of Americans have donated to charity at checkout — and like being asked to do so. Here’s why it may be a bad idea.
Medical identity theft can be lucrative for criminals and disastrous for victims — and it’s on the rise. Here’s what you can do to prevent it.
It’s easy to see why customers might try this product (wishful thinking). But the government is not impressed with the science (or lack thereof) used to back its claims.
The wireless carriers allegedly stuck customers with millions in unauthorized charges. If you think you were a victim, here’s how to submit a claim.
Don’t pay for protection — in the name of insurance, monitoring and warranties — without stopping to think. Many of these products prey on our fear and offer little value.
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know
- Tax-Free Weekends Help Take Sting Out of Back-to-School Costs
- Discover Slapped for Cheating 100,000+ Student Borrowers