There’s still time to gather all the tax deductions you can before 2013 is over. Bonus: You’ll get more organized in the process.
The IRS won’t issue refunds during the federal government shutdown, but the filing extension deadline still applies.
Seeing Congress gridlocked over the federal budget is one thing. Having them unable to reach an agreement on raising the debt ceiling is something else entirely.
Yes, you are. But how much depends on where you work and what you’re doing in the next few weeks.
The IRS is changing the rules on forced tips for big groups, and restaurants might ditch them to avoid tax complications.
The number of those who pay no federal income tax is expected to drop to 34 percent of households in 10 years.
Ah, the freedom to give money to the government — together. New IRS rules apply to all married same-sex couples, no matter where they live.
- Pop Quiz: Does Your Debt Disappear After the Statute of Limitations Runs Out?
- 5 Tricks Department Stores Use to Get You to Spend More
- 8 Simple, No-Cost Moves That Will Absolutely, Positively Make You Richer
- Speed Up Your Savings Goals by Defragging Your Budget
- How They Make Fast Food Look So Good
- 6 Steps That Will Stop You From Blowing Your Holiday Budget This Year
- 10 Mistakes That Can Double Your Tech Spending
- Can Ride-Sharing Provide an ‘Uber-Lyft’ to Your Income?
- 7 Secret Tactics Warehouse Stores Don’t Want You To Know
- When You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em: Buy the Companies You Hate
- How to Get a Patent for Your Big Idea in 7 Steps
- Cheap Car Fixes That Will Easily Pay For Themselves
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in November
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 14 Creative Ways to Date When Money’s Tight
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills