Consumers in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Wisconsin are the latest to be hit with an Amazon sales tax. Other states will be affected next year. Does it make you want to shop there less?
Several state and local governments want to swap a gas tax for a pay-per-mile tax — using a little black box to track your car’s movements.
There’s still time to gather all the tax deductions you can before 2013 is over. Bonus: You’ll get more organized in the process.
The IRS won’t issue refunds during the federal government shutdown, but the filing extension deadline still applies.
Seeing Congress gridlocked over the federal budget is one thing. Having them unable to reach an agreement on raising the debt ceiling is something else entirely.
Yes, you are. But how much depends on where you work and what you’re doing in the next few weeks.
The IRS is changing the rules on forced tips for big groups, and restaurants might ditch them to avoid tax complications.
- What Costco’s New Visa Deal Means for You
- FTC Hammers Scammers Trying to ‘Fly Under the Radar’ With Spanish Ads
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle