President Obama will use his State of the Union address to propose tax changes that could help reduce the yawning wealth gap in the U.S.
Did you know that practically anyone can call themselves a tax preparer? Here are tips to help you find someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.
The less you earn, the more help you’ll find for preparing your taxes. But there are free programs for everyone, no matter how much you make.
Beware: The new desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe requires you to upgrade — ponying up an extra $30 or $40 — if you need to report investment, self-employment or rental income, forms that used to be included in its deluxe software package.
If you think we’re a trusted source for consumer and personal finance news, you’re right. But we’re becoming much more.
Making smart year-end money moves doesn’t require a lot of time. In fact, you can give yourself a year-end review and makeover during commercial breaks while you’re watching TV.
It’s almost tax time (yes, really). Take our pop quiz to see if you know the best ways to dodge a hefty bill from the taxman this year.
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half