This reader had $60,000 in student loans forgiven, but is now facing a big, fat tax bill. How can this be fair?
People across the country are getting calls from the IRS. What to do if you are on the receiving end of this increasingly common scam.
Prosecutions for federal tax crimes peak in April — possibly on purpose.
Taxes are due in less than two weeks. Are you still confused about whether you need to claim your Social Security benefits?
Is the Navajo Nation ahead of the health curve? Or is its Healthy Dine Nation Act destined to fail?
Some high-ranking Republicans in the U.S. Congress want to abolish the IRS — which is owed $3.5 billion from federal employees.
Understand the basics of your return with these pointers and consider getting help from a professional, even if it means paying something.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The Best and Worst States for Driving
- Netflix’s Upcoming Loss of Hollywood Movies Is Hulu’s Gain
- Millions of Medicare Recipients Face Premium Hike in 2016
- Bargain-Hunting Season: The Best Things to Buy in September
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest