Pause in service provides a chilling reminder of the heightened threat of identity theft at tax filing time.
Scammers are outflanking authorities investigating tax-time cases as complaints soar.
Consider yourself warned: Avoid these tax scams making the rounds, both the kind where other people try to scam you, and the kind where you try to get away with shenanigans.
Faced with a backlash from angry customers, the maker of the popular tax software program has reversed a change that would have made the program more costly for many.
How you can avoid the scams, missteps and high fees that are rife in the industry.
Your 1040 form has a new line this year. Find out how the Affordable Care Act will play into your tax return and maybe your bottom line.
As if tax time wasn’t painful already, here are tips to prevent a scammer from stealing your tax refund.
- Liar, Liar: Most Cosmetic Product Claims Deemed False
- Are SATs on the Way Out at Colleges?
- Approval Process for Marijuana Apps Often Hazy
- You Can Battle Hair Loss, But It’s Not Cheap
- Mortgage Servicer Slapped for Fake ‘Equity Accelerator’ Program
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills