Did you know that practically anyone can call themselves a tax preparer? Here are tips to help you find someone who actually knows what they’re talking about.
The less you earn, the more help you’ll find for preparing your taxes. But there are free programs for everyone, no matter how much you make.
Beware: The new desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe requires you to upgrade — ponying up an extra $30 or $40 — if you need to report investment, self-employment or rental income, forms that used to be included in its deluxe software package.
If you think we’re a trusted source for consumer and personal finance news, you’re right. But we’re becoming much more.
Making smart year-end money moves doesn’t require a lot of time. In fact, you can give yourself a year-end review and makeover during commercial breaks while you’re watching TV.
It’s almost tax time (yes, really). Take our pop quiz to see if you know the best ways to dodge a hefty bill from the taxman this year.
Forgiven debt that’s considered taxable income can result in more debt for consumers. But Congress has extended a break that helps some former homeowners.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?