Wish taxes were so simple you could file them on a postcard? Some say a flat tax could make that possible.
Every year millions of Americans get money back, then blow it. Here are the best and worst ways to treat the return of your hard-earned money, along with some advice on tracking your refund.
There are lots of different kinds of cons happening during tax time. Some are happening to taxpayers, and some are being perpetrated by them.
“To err is human; to forgive, divine.” Taxes aren’t a great place to err, because the IRS isn’t divine. Here are some of the most common mistakes you’ll encounter at tax time, along with tips to avoid them.
They thought the tax break on $5 million in nontaxable gifts would end in 2012, but Congress extended it and made it bigger.
The majority of Americans pay a tax professional to do their taxes for them. Since this is a job many can do themselves in minutes, a lot of people are wasting a lot of money. But if you’re going to pay a pro, here’s how to get your money’s worth.
This week: 15 packing secrets, one question that could change your life, how to see beyond the obvious financial options, Costco angles and loopholes, and how to deal with estimated taxes.
- Pop Quiz: Does Your Debt Disappear After the Statute of Limitations Runs Out?
- 5 Tricks Department Stores Use to Get You to Spend More
- 8 Simple, No-Cost Moves That Will Absolutely, Positively Make You Richer
- Speed Up Your Savings Goals by Defragging Your Budget
- How They Make Fast Food Look So Good
- 6 Steps That Will Stop You From Blowing Your Holiday Budget This Year
- 10 Mistakes That Can Double Your Tech Spending
- Can Ride-Sharing Provide an ‘Uber-Lyft’ to Your Income?
- 7 Secret Tactics Warehouse Stores Don’t Want You To Know
- When You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em: Buy the Companies You Hate
- How to Get a Patent for Your Big Idea in 7 Steps
- Cheap Car Fixes That Will Easily Pay For Themselves
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in November
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 14 Creative Ways to Date When Money’s Tight
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills