- 10 Public Employees Who Make More Money Than the President
- Go Figure: Starbucks offers $50 Gift Card — for $200
- 10 Ways Being Frugal Can Actually Cost You Money
- Estate-Planning Documents You Need Right Now
- Pay Someone to Do Your Taxes? New Study May Make You Reconsider
- Report: Millennials Relying Heavily on the ‘Bank of Mom and Dad’
Another day, another salmonella warning. Last week we warned about mangoes, and over the weekend the Food and Drug Administration issued another warning.
The FDA now says to avoid Trader Joe’s Valencia Creamy Salted Peanut Butter (SKU code: 97111) and take any jars you have back to the grocery store for a refund. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warn “29 people [have been] infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Bredeney from 18 states.”
The product is being removed from Trade Joe’s shelves – that’s the only nationwide brick-and-mortar store that sells it, but it’s also sold online. Know somebody who bought some? The FDA’s advice:
Consumers who show any signs of illness from salmonellosis [such as diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps] should consult their health care provider. The FDA encourages consumers with questions about food safety to call 1-888-SAFEFOOD or consult the fda.gov website.