- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- What to Do With College Savings if the Student Decides Against College
- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
Thieves can insert a skimmer into the card reader sleeve and a hide a tiny camera nearby to record PIN numbers. There are usually no signs that your card was skimmed. By using the stolen debit card and PIN number, a thief can quickly drain all of the money from your bank account.
The best ways to protect yourself are to tug on the card swiper before using your card (nothing should wiggle), cover the keypad as you enter your PIN, and regularly monitor your account’s transactions.