- 16 Handy Uses for Plastic Bottles and Jugs
- 11 Ways to Nail Savings on Your Remodeling Project
- How to Get a Grip on Your Retirement Savings and Security
- The U.S. Park Where You Can Find Big Diamonds
- 10 Ways Being Frugal Can Actually Cost You Money
- 6 Ways to Save on Trips to Spectacular U.S. National Parks
Thieves can insert a skimmer into the card reader sleeve and a hide a tiny camera nearby to record PIN numbers. There are usually no signs that your card was skimmed. By using the stolen debit card and PIN number, a thief can quickly drain all of the money from your bank account.
The best ways to protect yourself are to tug on the card swiper before using your card (nothing should wiggle), cover the keypad as you enter your PIN, and regularly monitor your account’s transactions.