Today's deals include buy-one-get-one-free deals on printer paper, a Blu-ray disc player for more than half off the retail price, and bargains on eyeglasses, water bottles, and housewares.
I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands so that you don’t have to. Every week, I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails. Most are a waste of your time, but a handful offer worthwhile coupons, codes, and sales – those are the ones I collect for you here and display in a reader-friendly format.
- Hotels: Up to 50 percent off at Hotels.com [7/20]. Most Hotels.com offers are no more than 15 or 30 percent off, so this is a great deal. If you decide to take advantage of it, just be sure to mind the fine print: “Book by July 20, 2011 for travel between July 19 – August 16, 2011.”
Office and school supplies
- paper: Free 10-ream case of multipurpose paper when you buy another in Staples stores (printable coupon) [7/30].
- Laptop backpack: 57 percent off a Targus-brand laptop backpack that fits computers up to 16″ at CompUSA.com stores and online [7/21]. Instead of $35, it’s $15. Before you head to a store, make sure this item is in stock there by clicking on “Check Store availability” on the website.
- Laptop sleeve: 50 percent off a Built-brand laptop sleeve for 15″ computers at Adorama.com [expiration unknown]. Instead of $20, it’s just $10, which is even cheaper than Amazon’s price. Plus, unlike Amazon, Adorama will ship the item for free. I have a Built lunch bag and love it: It’s well-made and machine-washable (Built products are made out of neoprene, the same material that wetsuits are made from).
- Blu-ray disc player: $100 off an LG-brand Blu-ray disc player at Buy.com [expiration unknown]. Instead of $190, it’s $90, which is more than half off – so cheap you have to put the item in your cart or click on “Click Here for Price” in order to see the lower price – and it ships for free.
Health and beauty
- Free face serum: Free deluxe-size sample of Estee Lauder’s new Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator at stores and Estee Lauder counters in department stores [7/21 only].
- Bath & Body Works: Two free Signature Collection body care products when you buy another three [7/21]. That’s up to 40 percent off fragrance, lotion, body cream, body butter, shower cream, and bubble bath – including men’s products.
- LensCrafters: 50 percent off lenses when you buy frames (printable coupon) [9/12].
- Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant: $10 off a $20-plus order (printable coupon) [7/27]. Many restaurant coupons are limited to dine-in orders, but this one’s good on to-go orders too.
- Mimi’s Cafe (French restaurant): 50 percent off one entree when you purchase two entrees and two drinks (printable coupon) [7/21].
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Free cup of queso [7/20 only].
- Ziplock products: $1 off any two Ziplock products (printable coupon) [8/18].
- Water bottles: 48 percent off one of Nalgene’s most popular products: their 32-ounce wide-mouth water bottle, which is dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, high-impact-resistant, and – at least in my experience – leak-proof [expiration unknown]. They come with funky patterns, but a Nalgene bottle is a Nalgene bottle, right? And this is a great deal for a Nalgene bottle – especially since your entire order will ship for free [“for a limited time”]. I just bought three of them myself.
Housewares and furniture
- JCPenney: 30-60 percent off housewares, furniture, and luggage during the Home Sale in stores and online [expiration unknown]. Plus, take an additional 15 percent off home and luggage items online (promo code SUMRGEAR) [7/24] and enjoy free shipping on $69-plus orders [expiration unknown].
- Kirkland’s: $10 off a $50-plus purchase in stores (printable coupon) [7/21].
How to get the most from my deals…
- Visit MoneyTalksNews.com every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the latest “Daily Deals” post.
- Sign up for the Money Talks newsletter to get “Daily Deals” posts emailed to you.
- Join us on Facebook and Twitter to get a reminder about the latest Deal of the Day.
- Visit my Deals & Coupons page for more.