- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- 6 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of ‘Food Fraud’
- The 11 Best Foods to Buy When You’re Broke
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Life Events That Hugely Increase Your Identity-Theft Risk
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
MedicalXpress discusses the research, which backs up something many people have suspected and said before: there’s no simple measure for intelligence. Instead, at least three components are necessary: short-term memory, reasoning and verbal measures. But there were some interesting findings about those…
[Researcher Adam] Hampshire adds, “Intriguingly, people who regularly played computer games did perform significantly better in terms of both reasoning and short-term memory. And smokers performed poorly on the short-term memory and the verbal factors, while people who frequently suffer from anxiety performed badly on the short-term memory factor in particular”.
The study included more than 100,000 people from around the world, who took a dozen tests of memory, reasoning, attention and planning ability. You can try a new version yourself here.