- Tax Hacks 2015: 6 Things Sneaky Tax Preparers Won’t Tell You
- Don’t Buy These 7 Things at a Dollar Store
- Will Obamacare Complicate Your Taxes? Not Likely
- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- How to Find Old Online Accounts and Destroy Them
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
MedicalXpress discusses the research, which backs up something many people have suspected and said before: there’s no simple measure for intelligence. Instead, at least three components are necessary: short-term memory, reasoning and verbal measures. But there were some interesting findings about those…
[Researcher Adam] Hampshire adds, “Intriguingly, people who regularly played computer games did perform significantly better in terms of both reasoning and short-term memory. And smokers performed poorly on the short-term memory and the verbal factors, while people who frequently suffer from anxiety performed badly on the short-term memory factor in particular”.
The study included more than 100,000 people from around the world, who took a dozen tests of memory, reasoning, attention and planning ability. You can try a new version yourself here.