- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
MedicalXpress discusses the research, which backs up something many people have suspected and said before: there’s no simple measure for intelligence. Instead, at least three components are necessary: short-term memory, reasoning and verbal measures. But there were some interesting findings about those…
[Researcher Adam] Hampshire adds, “Intriguingly, people who regularly played computer games did perform significantly better in terms of both reasoning and short-term memory. And smokers performed poorly on the short-term memory and the verbal factors, while people who frequently suffer from anxiety performed badly on the short-term memory factor in particular”.
The study included more than 100,000 people from around the world, who took a dozen tests of memory, reasoning, attention and planning ability. You can try a new version yourself here.