- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- How Americans Rate Their Fiscal and Physical Fitness
- Quiz: What’s the Main Ingredient in Almond Milk?
- Verizon Deal With HBO: Another Reason to Cut Cable
MedicalXpress discusses the research, which backs up something many people have suspected and said before: there’s no simple measure for intelligence. Instead, at least three components are necessary: short-term memory, reasoning and verbal measures. But there were some interesting findings about those…
[Researcher Adam] Hampshire adds, “Intriguingly, people who regularly played computer games did perform significantly better in terms of both reasoning and short-term memory. And smokers performed poorly on the short-term memory and the verbal factors, while people who frequently suffer from anxiety performed badly on the short-term memory factor in particular”.
The study included more than 100,000 people from around the world, who took a dozen tests of memory, reasoning, attention and planning ability. You can try a new version yourself here.