- 10 Things You Should Know about Joining Finances in Marriage
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
- Employees’ Choice: 8 Worst U.S. Companies as Employers
- 8 Surefire Ways to Get Anyone to Like You in 90 Seconds
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- Ask Stacy: When Can I Stop Paying Mortgage Insurance?
Business Insider reports…
His wealth in 2012 was helped by a 2% rise in Microsoft’s stock price. But he’s been slowly selling off chunks of his Microsoft stake. Microsoft stock now accounts for less than 20 percent of his fortune.
His other known investments include Coke, AutoNation, Deere & Co, and garbage disposal company Republic Services. He made more than $7 billion last year.
And by the way, the $28 billion he’s donated to charity is a 2007 figure. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has continued to do more, but there doesn’t seem to be a more recent grand tally floating around the web.