- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Whacky Reasons For Delaying Credit Card Payments
Business Insider reports…
His wealth in 2012 was helped by a 2% rise in Microsoft’s stock price. But he’s been slowly selling off chunks of his Microsoft stake. Microsoft stock now accounts for less than 20 percent of his fortune.
His other known investments include Coke, AutoNation, Deere & Co, and garbage disposal company Republic Services. He made more than $7 billion last year.
And by the way, the $28 billion he’s donated to charity is a 2007 figure. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has continued to do more, but there doesn’t seem to be a more recent grand tally floating around the web.