CEOs are the target of much scorn, but employees say these 10 deserve a little love.
But some top dogs are more highly valued than others, according to a survey by Glassdoor, a jobs and recruiting marketplace.
As part of the survey, employees voluntarily provided anonymous feedback about their leaders. They could express one of three opinions about their CEO:
- No opinion
The CEOs who finished at the top of the list all earned overwhelming approval. In a blog post, Glassdoor says:
These CEOs hail from different backgrounds and companies, but there are a few common traits among them. These leaders are revered for dedication to their company mission, investment in company culture, transparency in leadership and approachability.
It also probably doesn’t hurt when a CEO gives away his a big chunk of his annual wealth to employees, as Jeff Weiner of LinkedIn did earlier this spring. Weiner garnered 97 percent approval in this year’s survey.
The list of top CEOs includes:
- Bob Bechek, Bain & Co. (99 percent of employees approve)
- Scott Scherr, Ultimate Software (99 percent)
- Dominic Barton, McKinsey & Co. (99 percent)
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook (97 percent)
- Jeff Weiner, LinkedIn (97 percent)
- Marc Benioff, Salesforce (97 percent)
- Sundar Pichai, Google (96 percent)
- Tim Cook, Apple (96 percent)
- Joseph R. Sivewright, Nestlé Purina PetCare (96 percent)
- Jim Whitehurst, Red Hat (96 percent)
Would you give your boss a thumbs up or thumbs down? Let us know in our Forums. It’s the place where you can speak your mind, explore topics in-depth, and post questions and get answers.