Reply To: Disabled who need to work from home and limit income

Home Forums Need Advice Disabled who need to work from home and limit income Reply To: Disabled who need to work from home and limit income

writer18
Participant

Dear Footloose,
I appreciate your good suggestion.
I have thought about tutoring before but decided against it because I have a transplant and the medicines I take make my immune system very low.
Therefore, I am not supposed to be around any sick people (even people with colds) because I am much more susceptible to catch something and it could prove very serious in my case since my body is not able to fight off germs as easily as other people.
In the case of tutoring children at home, I am concerned that my students might come over when they are sick or their parents might send them to me thinking that a ‘few sniffles’ didn’t mean anything, when it might be quite detrimental to me.
Thus, I don’t think tutoring at home would work for me.
Also, I considered tutoring over the internet but the opportunity I found online did not work in my case (the English test had problems on it I never studied in college-things have changed considerably in 40 years–and I wasn’t able to pass the qualifying test.You can only take the test twice and I don’t even know how I would study for it to even try to take it again).
Also, the opportunity to tutor online that I found stated that it was fast-paced and stressful–two things I cannot deal with.
Thanks again for your suggestion.
I really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Writer18