Reply To: How to find a fee based financial advisor in a small town

Home Forums Need Advice How to find a fee based financial advisor in a small town Reply To: How to find a fee based financial advisor in a small town

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

Quite simply, I think that’s one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard. The absolute best person to manage your money is you. Always has been, always will be.

Wall Street spends hundreds of millions in advertising every year with the sole purpose of convincing you that money management is over your head. They even have commercials comparing managing your own money to operating on yourself.

This is THE BIG LIE.

Managing money and understanding investments isn’t rocket science. It’s within the grasp of virtually anyone, and I heartily endorse you going out and learning it yourself.

While taking a certification course from a university is admirable, it’s probably overkill. There are dozens of free courses out there, hundreds of free books at the library and thousands of articles online (including here) that can teach you what you need to know. There are also free investment clubs, both online and in-person, that can introduce you to any number of people willing to help you.

You’re on the right path. Don’t stop till you reach the end!