Best Buy Credit Card anyone?

Home Forums General Discussion Best Buy Credit Card anyone?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Notafarmer 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Notafarmer
    Participant

I made a purchase at Best Buy in July and was offered 10% in store credits if I signed up for a Best Buy credit card. I didn’t really need another credit card, but 10% of $1895 is a chunk of change. The last week in August I logged in to my account to make the first payment and discovered they had rolled over
    the original MasterCard account to a Best Buy/CITI card. Problem is it’s a month later and despite my calls, they still haven’t sent me the replacement card with the new account number. At this point I only know the last four of the new account as that is all that displays in my online account. Anyone else having a problem getting their new Best Buy card? I am about ready to call the government and make a complaint.

Notafarmer
    Participant

Update: Today I received an email from Best Buy stating that my new Visa card is on it’s way, and in the meantime, I can still use my old Mastercard. That’s something they neglected to mention a month ago. They must read Money Talk Forums.

Notafarmer
    Participant

I finally received the new card a few days ago. One of my concerns with the card changing from MC to a Visa with a new account number was that I was going to be gypped out of the 10% back in rewards I had earned. This was not the case I am happy to report. My Best Buy online account eventually showed two rewards certificates, one for $90 and one for $95, although I was only given until Oct 10 to use them. But use them I did.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.