Books

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Books

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I recently retired young as a public librarian. Here are a couple suggestions to save money. Don’t waste your money when you can check books, mags, dvd and cds from the librarian. Most libraries also allow you to download books for three weeks.

Another way to save money. Don’t waste money with an expensive financial broker. Open an account with Charles Schwab.

Good luck!

SherrieL
    Participant

Oh, the library is my favorite money-saver! Even though I live out in the country, and have to pay a yearly $100+ fee for my library card, It saves me big money on renting/buying DVDs, buying books (I have started donating books, after a life of buying them!) and magazine subscriptions. If the library doesn’t have a magazine that I want to read, I have donated a subscription or two to the library, where I can read them, take out any but the current issue and copy what I may want to save, and read without the hassle of having to throw out or recycle back issues. Plus, tax deduction! And other people get to enjoy the magazines.

Laura
    Participant

Thank you for the response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.