Cannot post?

Home Forums Need Advice Cannot post?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Tinkerbella Tinkerbella 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SherrieL
    Participant

I am trying to reply to a poster, and for two days I reply and get “cannot post at this time” Why?

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

Sorry, Sherrie, didn’t know there was an issue. We’ll look into it.

SherrieL
    Participant

Still cannot post reply to “payoff home”

Dan Schointuch
    Keymaster

Are you still having problems posting to that thread? I tested everything out and it looks like things should be working normally.

SherrieL
    Participant

Thanks, it seems to have been remedied.

SherrieL
    Participant

And now, I tried to create a topic in General Discussion called The Big Short, and I got “cannot create topic at this time” Does your website have it in for me?

TinkerbellaTinkerbella
    Participant

I’m having the same trouble today starting a new topic. I’m repeatedly getting this response:

ERROR: Your topic cannot be created at this time.

TinkerbellaTinkerbella
    Participant

Third day in a row, and I cannot create a new topic with the identical response:

ERROR: Your topic cannot be created at this time.

Any idea “when” we might be able to start creating topics again? Bueller, Bueller? Anyone, anyone?

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

We’re working on it, Tinkerbella.
    Btw, re Bueller: LOL.

TinkerbellaTinkerbella
    Participant

Thank you, Stacy, for the heads up. I suppose I really need to work on patience.

Fortunately, I’ve not yet lost my sense of humor, as well…

I’m happy to see my Bueller reference was understood, (though it likely gives testament to my age).

SherrieL
    Participant

And, again “Cannot post” Under Need advice.

TinkerbellaTinkerbella
    Participant

Any update on this situation, oh wise keymaster Dan?

(I have a tax-related question, and as it is tax season, it is also timely.)

Just tried again today, and received the same result; I did see another poster has been able to create a new subject/topic since this began, however. (Perhaps software is flagging certain keywords?)

Dan Schointuch
    Keymaster

We tested to see if keywords were the problem and they weren’t. 🙁 As of now, it looks like the solution is to reset the forums, which would delete all of the content in them. So we’re writing some code that will backup the forums, reset them, then restore the content so we don’t lose anything.

TinkerbellaTinkerbella
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, Dan!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.