Debt and Death

Home Forums Need Advice Debt and Death

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Stacy Johnson Stacy Johnson 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Harley-Winston
    Participant

Dear Stacey,

I’m a single woman with no kids who is actively and aggressively trying to pay off my debt. I have a few health issues and worry sometimes about leaving this life without being debt free. My credit cards (from my stupid twenties) are paid off and I’m now working on paying off my car loan, student loans, and my mortgage.

What happens if I pass away with debt? My father is still living as well as my three siblings. Do they get stuck with my debt? I have a life insurance policy; it’s not very big. Does that go towards paying my funeral expenses or my debt?

Thanks in advance,

Zepher

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

Hi Zepher,
    I’m going to answer this question in next week’s Ask Stacy column. That will be on Tuesday the 11th. Can you wait that long? 🙂

Harley-Winston
    Participant

Of course. Thank you so much!

Harley-Winston
    Participant

Thank you Stacy! All of my questions were answered and I really appreciate your time!!!

And I appreciate MoneyTalkNews. Been reading for at least 3 years!

You’re most welcome! I appreciate you asking the question: I’m sure others were also interested.

TinkerbellaTinkerbella
    Participant

I’d like to read the Ask Stacy item for this question, but cannot find a filter to locate the column by date.

Is there a link?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.