Estate Executrix

Home Forums Need Advice Estate Executrix

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dena 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Retired@last
    Participant

My mother-in-law is 91,in pretty good health, is mentally sharp, and still lives independently in her own home. She has a living trust, medical directives, a power of attorney, a lawyer, and an accountant who handles her taxes. When the inevitable does happen, my wife (her daughter) will be the executrix of her estate which will be split between my wife and her brother. He lives about 300 miles away so the brunt of the work will fall to my wife. We know generally what the duties of an executrix are but is there a good reference we could use to guide us through it? We live in California. Any tips from someone who has been through it? We don’t anticipate any problems in splitting the estate with her brother but we know me must keep meticulous expense records.
    Thanks.

Dena
    Participant

When my father passed away a few years ago, I contacted the lawyer who drew up his Will and he guided me through everything I needed to do, and even did much of the paperwork himself. Do you have an Estate Planner? If so, I’d contact them when the time comes and they can guide you through the entire process.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.