Hi there! I'm Stacy

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hi there! I'm Stacy

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mshienie 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

I’m the founder of this site. I’ve been doing consumer and personal finance news on TV since 1991. Before that, I spent 10 years as an investment adviser and before that I was an accountant for 3.

My home is in Fort Lauderdale, and I love boating, riding bikes (both motor and the pedal kind) and adventures of all kinds. But my passion is helping people understand money!

Kathy
    Participant

Hi Stacy, My name is Kathy. I have used MoneyTalksNews for a couple of years now in my Personal Finance and Economics classes. I really appreciate your website and I want to commend you for doing such a great job. Please keep up the good work. Your article are insightful and very current. I know my students get a lot from them. Thank you!!!!

Glena
    Participant

Hi! I’m Glena from Arkansas. I love getting the emails from MoneyTalkNews. I learn some valuable things. My husband is a disabled veteran so we are on a fixed income. We still use financial advice. Thank you so much for having such a great website!

Redtoppicker
    Participant

Hi Stacy. I’m John, a fellow Floridian (since 2002). I have subscribed and read MTN daily for a number of years. I’m looking forward to the utilizing new forum for even more insight from others. Thanks,

BPAIZZY
    Participant

Hello Stacy, we are practically neighbors, I live in west Pines. Love the site and videos.

SherrieL
    Participant

Hi Stacy! I live in Illinois, and am nearing the retirement age. My husband and I got in over our heads just before the real estate crash, but we are heading to debt-free in the next two years or so (including the mortgage!) I am a black-belt tightwad, numbers nerd, and always looking for ways to learn more and to help others.

Waterdude
    Participant

Hello, Stacy, I am Joe – aka Waterdude. I am interested in your input on the three or so items I started in General Discussion. I receive and read the articles on your MTN and find them insightful and chock full of useful advice and things to know. I also like the articles from Steinmetz and Bowsher. I write from the other coast of the USA in California where we are in a severe drought. I am looking at possible retirement at 60 in 7 years and so am interested in topics of retirement, planning, investment, saving, and all that. I have also looked at other sites that you’ve pulled from – MSN, CNBC, Kiplinger, USA Today Money, others. Thanks on helping folks gain a better understanding of these essential topics that they do not teach on, or not very well, at school.

mshienie
    Participant

hello stacy! how are you doing today? i never knew most of this stuff at all. i am glad that i found this website for everything that is needed especially today in the world that we are living in

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.