Investments

Home Forums Need Advice Investments

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stacy Johnson Stacy Johnson 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    allaboutfuture
    Participant

A couple weeks ago I read an article of yours where you were suggesting in in investing into Vanguards energy ETF, are you still recommending this as I am highly considering to purchase. In addition, are you allowed to (without fees) to roll ever 401k money from a firm like Wells Fargo to vanguard energy ETF or the vanguard mutual fund? Thank you for your time!

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

Yes, I’m still buying the Vanguard Energy funds in my 401K. As I said in my article, I can’t buy the ETF in my 401K, so am buying the mutual fund instead. Here’s the article.

I’d like to add to my position when oil is under $30, which is lower than it is now.

You can’t roll from a 401K to a mutual fund. You can, however, roll from one 401K to another, or from a 401K to an IRA, both providing you’re no longer at the company.

In other words, if you have a 401K where you work, you have to leave it there. If you’ve left that job, you can roll it over.

Make sense?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.