late payments reported to credit bureaus after filing for bankruptcy

Home Forums Need Advice late payments reported to credit bureaus after filing for bankruptcy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stacy Johnson Stacy Johnson 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nancy ann m
    Participant

I have a question with regards to bankruptcy and negative reporting by creditors. I filed for bankruptcy on 4/1/13 and the Bankruptcy Automatic Stay kept creditors from collection efforts. The bankruptcy was discharged on 7/31/13 which then reverted the automatic stay to a permanent discharge.
    From what I understand, there are certain requirements they must follow regarding credit reporting. If the debts are discharged and the amounts I owed were changed to zero as of the date I filed, being 4/1/13 as a result of the bankruptcy, doesn’t that also mean they couldn’t continue reporting me as being late beyond the date I filed since they would have been reporting on being late for owing a “zero balance”?
    If you have any information from a federal regulation or guidance on this, I would really appreciate it.
    Nancy

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

Nancy, did you ask your bankruptcy attorney about this? I would assume, as you have, that creditors can’t report late payments on discharged accounts. I’d be interested to know what your attorney says.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.