loan payoff

Home Forums Need Advice loan payoff

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stacy Johnson Stacy Johnson 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    grannyto4
    Participant

i called to get the payoff on my second mortgage. When they gave me the amount, they didn’t include some deferred interest from several years ago when we were having financial difficulties. Does anyone know if I have to pay that since I asked them for the full payoff? I could have paid it then.

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

It should have been included in your payoff…could be a mistake: either yours or theirs. If it was me, I’d pay what they asked, but keep the extra money in reserve in case it should arise later.

grannyto4
    Participant

I paid what they told me then when I get my statement every month, it says 0.00 due but in little writing at the bottom it says does not include deferred interest of 5809.00. I don’t believe interest is being charged on that amount. It also does not show up on our credit report. think we will be safe to wait until they tell us it is due? or until we decide to sell our house?

Stacy JohnsonStacy Johnson

Yes, you’ll probably be OK until they tell you or until you sell. But you could always call and ask.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.