Stock Equities versus Real Estate

Home Forums General Discussion Stock Equities versus Real Estate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Comfortable 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Waterdude
    Participant

Comparing real estate and stock equities, which is better? I am already very much into stocks and also have two homes, the one being rented out is what we first bought and paid for and we are living in the second house paying a hefty mortgage Is it better to go into the real estate direction of buy, hold, fix, rent, and sell? Or is it better to stay with stock equities?

Comfortable
    Participant

I use Real Estate investments for diversification. I hold my IRA/Roth in Mutual Funds and Bonds (short and long-term) and I have rental properties for ongoing passive income. The rental incomes allow me to work less and spend more time giving to my community. They also balance the risk of the stock market with a more stable real estate market and allow for home equity loans if I need a quick influx of cash for an emergency. I should note that I am debt free and only purchase property when I have the cash for them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.