- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
For early adopters, at least, the Windows 8 Media Center Pack will be available for free, meaning you’ll be able to record TV, watch DVDs, and take advantage of other functionality that used to be bundled in with Windows 7. To get the free copy you’ll need to purchase Windows 8 Pro and enter your product key into Microsoft’s website by January 31, 2013 — the same date that all of the other promotional pricing for the new operating system ends.
Pro is the key word, however – it’s not free for all Windows 8 users.