You’ll love this tasty, easy recipe that will feed four or more for less than $15.
Sliders — cute, tiny, flavorful burgers — are a hit among people of all ages. You can serve them as the main course and they make for great party food.
This week’s Frugal Family Feast is simple and scrumptious. Chef Jorge Montes, owner and executive chef of Roho Kitchen, shared his technique with Money Talks News founder Stacy Johnson. Watch this video and read on for the recipe.
It’s a delicious meal for less than $15. You can glam up the burgers the way Chef Jorge did, by using Gorgonzola cheese and arugula. But if you’d like a more traditional cheese, consider trying cheddar or another family favorite. You can even substitute ground turkey for either of the meats. Spring mix, butter lettuce or a little iceberg lettuce will go well with these sliders too.
One of the best things about this dish is the versatility in preparation. You can grill the sliders, bake them in the oven or fry them in a pan, making them a year-round meal. When using a grill or a pan, you cook on high heat for about a minute on each side. If you’re using the oven, you can cook them all on a tray at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
This fast and fun recipe will become a regular in your home. It makes 12 patties, which will go a long way to feed a hungry group or will make for fabulous leftovers.
Pork and Beef Sliders With Gorgonzola and Arugula — Courtesy of Chef Jorge Montes
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- 1 pound ground pork.
- 1 pound ground beef.
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 handful of arugula.
- 12 small potato bread buns.
- Mix all the ingredients except the arugula and potato buns in a mixing bowl.
- Gently incorporate all the ingredients with your hands.
- To make sure the seasoning is done well, you must first make a small 1-inch patty and bake in the oven in a small baking dish.
- Taste it to make sure the salt and pepper are adequate. Add more if needed at this time.
- Portion the patties into 2-ounce balls (about the size of a golf ball).
- Flatten them with your hand to make them 1/2-inch thick.
- To cook them, you can grill them on high heat for one minute on each side, or you can saute them in a frying pan with a little bit of oil on high heat for one minute on each side. You can also bake them at 400 degrees on a baking tray for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the sliders, cut the buns in half and place a few of the arugula leaves on the bottom half of the bun, then place a patty on top. Top them with the top of the bun.
- Repeat this process with all the buns.
After you try this recipe, go to our Facebook page and let us know how you like it.