- Simple, DIY Methods To Retire With $1 Million
- How To Quit 10 Bad Money Habits That Rob You Blind
- 10 Small Money Moves That Will Make A Big Difference
- 21 Tricks to Make Groceries Last Longer
- Ask Stacy: Are Market-Linked CDs a Good Investment?
- Gourmet Secrets: How to Turn Meow Mix Into a Meal Your Family Will Love
Reuters has some tips…
Contact the drug manufacturer directly. [Pharmaceutical consultant Adam] Fein recommends doing this before ever reaching out to your health plan because most have a group that assists patients in navigating the insurance approval process as quickly as possible.
Otherwise, these specialty drugs can average as much as $1,766 per prescription. Reuters also suggests making friends with the doctor’s office administrator because paperwork is crucial, working with your doctor to document your health history, asking your employer for help if they’re helping foot the bill, and appealing when you’re turned down for treatment coverage which the article suggests works 80 percent of the time if you have your records in order and do it quickly.