- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- 6 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of ‘Food Fraud’
- Weapon Designed to Kill Off Phone Theft Proves Lethal
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
Reuters has some tips…
Contact the drug manufacturer directly. [Pharmaceutical consultant Adam] Fein recommends doing this before ever reaching out to your health plan because most have a group that assists patients in navigating the insurance approval process as quickly as possible.
Otherwise, these specialty drugs can average as much as $1,766 per prescription. Reuters also suggests making friends with the doctor’s office administrator because paperwork is crucial, working with your doctor to document your health history, asking your employer for help if they’re helping foot the bill, and appealing when you’re turned down for treatment coverage which the article suggests works 80 percent of the time if you have your records in order and do it quickly.