- Best Things to Buy in May — and What to Avoid
- 5 Off-the-Radar Travel Destinations
- How to Ward Off Ticks and 5 Other Threats to Summer Fun
- 2 Words Companies Use to Hide Age Discrimination
- Secret Cell Plans: Savings Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint Don’t Want You to Know About
- 8 Superfoods That Dramatically Boost Health
Movoto has tried to estimate what it would cost to buy The Hobbit star Bilbo Baggins’s home, Bag End – if it existed, in England…
Because there were only three bedrooms, it was difficult to find comparable homes to base our assumption on.
Most homes that push the 4,000-square-foot mark have more than three bedrooms. We were, however, able to find agrarian homes with comparable square footage in rural sections of Worcestershire County.
The average price per square foot for a house in Worcestershire County, according to Zoopla, is £205, or $262. Our comparable homes had a price per square foot of £231 per square foot, or $296.
Armed with this, we were able to calculate Bag End’s estimated cost, which turned out to be about $1,330,000.
More on how they figured it out at the link and the infographic below.