- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
Yesterday, social networking site Reddit helped popularize a free service that came out last year called FastCustomer. As a user there put it, “There’s a website/app that calls customer service for you, navigates the phone tree, waits on hold, and rings your phone only when a rep is available. They have an expanding directory of over 3,000 companies. And it’s free.”
You can do it by text message, an app for iPhone/Android/Kindle, or through Google Chrome. The compatible businesses include phone and cable companies (of course), airlines, banks, retailers – just check out the searchable list.
Have you tried it? Let us know how you like it.