- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 11 Ways to Turn Clutter Into Cash
Yesterday, social networking site Reddit helped popularize a free service that came out last year called FastCustomer. As a user there put it, “There’s a website/app that calls customer service for you, navigates the phone tree, waits on hold, and rings your phone only when a rep is available. They have an expanding directory of over 3,000 companies. And it’s free.”
You can do it by text message, an app for iPhone/Android/Kindle, or through Google Chrome. The compatible businesses include phone and cable companies (of course), airlines, banks, retailers – just check out the searchable list.
Have you tried it? Let us know how you like it.