- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- The 11 Best Foods to Buy When You’re Broke
- 6 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of ‘Food Fraud’
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- 5 Cheap Alternatives to Cell Phone Insurance
- Life Events That Hugely Increase Your Identity-Theft Risk
The Sileo Group is warning about Hurricane Sandy-related identity theft…
As we learned from Hurricane Katrina, one of the most despicable side effects of a natural disaster is the massive increase in reported cases of identity theft in the affected areas. Thieves take advantage of those who are vulnerable, and those who have suffered flooding, wind damage and the effects of the storm are more vulnerable than ever. Imagine how devastating it would it be to apply for a line of credit to help your family recover from the storm only to find out that your entire net worth now belongs to a thief.
For a step-by-step detailed guide to preventing and recovering from identity theft, we are making Think Like a Spy: Identity Theft Prevention and Recovery guide free to victims of the storm.