- Wake Up! Too Much Sleep Can Be Bad For Your Health
- Simple, DIY Methods To Retire With $1 Million
- 21 Tricks to Make Groceries Last Longer
- How To Quit 10 Bad Money Habits That Rob You Blind
- Gourmet Secrets: How to Turn Meow Mix Into a Meal Your Family Will Love
- The Time to Refinance Your House is Right Now
Mashable reports incredible demand for the iPhone 5, which has had two effects so far…
Apple sold out of its initial inventory in an hour and pushed back its shipping date for such pre-orders. Apple’s website began taking orders for the product at midnight PST on Friday. An hour later, though, the shipping times for the device were delayed from the original Sept. 21 to two weeks, or Sept. 28, according to Dow Jones. As of Friday morning EST, Apple was still promising the two-week wait for shipping. The site also gives users the option of picking up the device at a retail store on Sept. 21.
A third effect is likely to come from the first two: Expect lines out the door on release day. Maybe they’re called “early” adopters for a reason.