- 10 Public Employees Who Make More Money Than the President
- Go Figure: Starbucks offers $50 Gift Card — for $200
- Estate-Planning Documents You Need Right Now
- 10 Ways Being Frugal Can Actually Cost You Money
- Pay Someone to Do Your Taxes? New Study May Make You Reconsider
- Report: Millennials Relying Heavily on the ‘Bank of Mom and Dad’
Free Wi-Fi service is expected to begin aboard some JetBlue flights early next year. And it’s not just a short-term promotion. According to a recent JetBlue Blog entry,
Robin Hayes, our Chief Commercial Officer, announced yesterday at the Low Cost Carrier conference in London that our intention is to launch our first Wi-Fi enabled aircraft in early 2013 and that we will have a free basic Wi-Fi service to start.
And it’s not just free, it’s fast. According to article above, the satellite launched to provide the service will offer speeds up to 8 times faster than anything available today.
No word on how long the free Wi-Fi will continue.