Read These Next
Give your basic roast chicken a boost with a symphony of lemon, herbs, and spices – and a recipe that feeds a family of four for less than $15.
Chef Jorge Montes, owner and executive chef of Roho Kitchen, shared his secret for succulent lemon herb chicken and red bliss potatoes with Money Talks News founder Stacy Johnson. It’s easy and flavorful! Watch the latest installment of our cooking series, and then read on for the recipe.
The lively combination of lemon, herbs, and spices gives the chicken a delicious and crisp skin while imparting amazing flavor into the potatoes. You can usually find chicken on sale at your local grocery, and keep an eye out for potato discounts. The ingredients for this meal can be found for less than $15 at most local grocery stores or farmers’ markets.
To keep the chicken as juicy as possible, take this tip from the pros: Make sure you let the chicken rest for about 15 minutes after you take it out of the oven before you carve it.
Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken with Bliss Potatoes – Courtesy of Chef Jorge Montes
1 whole chicken
Zest and juice of one lemon
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
2 tbsp. chopped rosemary
1 tsp. chopped thyme
2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
2 lbs. red bliss potatoes, cut into halves
1 white onion, cut into thick squares
¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper – on the outside and inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except the water, onions, and potatoes and whisk well.
- Marinate chicken thoroughly with the marinade
- Place chicken in a roasting pan
- Toss potatoes and onions in remaining marinade.
- Place the onions and potatoes around the chicken and pour the water in the pan
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before carving.
When you try it, go to our Facebook page and tell us how you like it!