- 10 Ways to Fight the Record Cold and Save Money
- 9 Moves to Make When Your Flight Is Canceled
- Forget the Weather. Here’s the Forecast You Really Need to Know
- The Top 14 Cities for Snowbirds and Other Retirees to Roost
- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
This time it’s Winter Storm Linus walloping the country’s north and northeast.
After dumping some 19 inches of snow in the Chicago area, the bad boy was hitting New England with snow and ice, promising power outages and hazardous driving conditions throughout the region, according to Weather.com.
The question is, are you prepared? As winter continues to howl, be sure to restock your auto’s emergency kit. If you’re ever stranded, the supplies will at least make you more comfortable and could save your life.
Here are ideas for your car kit from our often snowbound friends at ReadyWisconsin.com.
- Shovel, snow scraper and small broom.
- Flashlight with extra batteries (make sure batteries are fresh).
- Battery-powered radio.
- Raisins and mini candy bars.
- Extra hats, socks, mittens.
- First aid kit with pocketknife.
- Necessary medications.
- Hand-warming packets.
- Blankets or sleeping bag.
- Tow chain or rope.
- Road salt, sand, or cat litter for traction.
- Jumper cables.
- Emergency flares and reflectors.
- Fluorescent distress flag and whistle to attract attention.
- Cellphone adapter.
- Rags or paper towels.
- Tire chains.
Are you being hit by Winter Storm Linus? Share your story below or on our Facebook page.
If you were planning to fly, and your flight was among the thousands that were canceled, watch this video for tips.