- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- Quiz: What’s the Main Ingredient in Almond Milk?
- How Americans Rate Their Fiscal and Physical Fitness
- Verizon Deal With HBO: Another Reason to Cut Cable
Americans are living longer, healthier lives… and retirement ain’t what it used to be! In fact, many so-called seniors consider retirement an exciting opportunity to launch a new career. Simply put, successfully making money in retirement is about finding a labor of love.
Doing something that makes you happy is the most important thing, especially if you’re considering starting a new business; follow your passion. But make sure that, before choosing a job in retirement, you evaluate your health and lifestyle. If you love mountain climbing, but lately, have enough trouble stair climbing, leading tours to the top of Everest might be stretching it.
And DON’T BREAK THE BANK. Start small… don’t risk jeopardizing your entire nest egg; the consequences just aren’t worth it. If you need help getting started, and we definitely suggest you find some (a little help goes a long way), check out resources online like the Small Business Association’s SCORE program, which will pair you up with a volunteer business mentor.