- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
- How Losing Your Job Now Can Cost You Social Security Money Later
- Tax Hacks 2015: Avoid These 10 Common Filing Mistakes
I’m not loving it, but you can if you like.
McDonald’s is rolling out “thick, juicy steak” as a menu option in stores across the country, Bloomberg Businessweek says. It can be put on any breakfast sandwich, with a steak, egg, cheese and grilled onions biscuit rivaling the Big Mac for calories — 540 of them. A steak-on-English muffin clocks in at a lighter 430 calories.
About 9,600 of the chain’s more than 14,000 locations will carry the steak options, Bloomberg says, in yet another attempt to seal the deal with the breakfast crowd. Earlier this year it began offering the Egg White Delight McMuffin, a lower-calorie, whole grain option. The company also plans to sell chicken wings soon. What’s next, pizza?
Maybe. Who knows. New items help McDonald’s, which has underperformed analyst estimates for two consecutive quarters, stay competitive with rivals Wendy’s and Burger King, Bloomberg says. Wendy’s doesn’t offer breakfast, and Burger King doesn’t have steak items. But other fast-casual competitors, such as Panera, do.
At least at my local McDonald’s, it seems as if the menu has been changing faster than they can replace the signage for it this year. Are any of the new items reeling you in? Do you like the idea of steak for breakfast? Let us know what you think on our Facebook page.